Casco Products Corporation, a global Tier One Electronics and Electro-mechanical supplier to the automotive industry is currently recruiting an experienced Electronics Buyer to support our growth in the electronics commodity. The Senior Buyer will lead and drive execution of the supply chain strategies for the electronics commodity of Casco, North America. This position will interact in a collaborative and multi-site matrix environment to achieve both tactical and strategic goals, as well as serve as an expert in the electronics commodity by influencing sourcing recommendations, and leading / driving project implementation of supply chain strategies.
Main Accountabilities / Tasks:
- Responsible for analyzing the Global electronics supply base to prepare and recommend suppliers to be added/ removed from the Strategic Supplier List.
- Work closely with engineering teams to identify new suppliers and cost saving opportunities to ensure sourcing decisions achieve commodity objectives.
- Responsible to develop capacity and capabilities of strategic suppliers to support Casco Division commodity needs and targets.
- Ensures supplier performances are within commodity quality, delivery and cost objectives and drive continuous improvement in supplier score cards,
- Responsible for budgeting and monitoring commodity costs to support target/budgets and meet the desired key metrics of cost, quality and delivery.
- Responsible to develop and implement VA/VE stretch goals above target / budget. Continuous action required within commodity including quote analysis, should cost analysis, and market awareness of raw materials.
- Responsible for expertise within the electronics commodity to support all Casco sourcing needs. Continuous improvement within the commodity knowledge, technology advancements, manufacturing capabilities, supply base status, regional advantages, etc.……
- Receives and reviews Request for Quote for quality, specifications and delivery requirements. Analyzes technical data, designs, preliminary specifications, manufacturing limitations, and availability of capacity and technology.
- Initiates requests for quotes, performs cost analysis, Supplier Assessments, Supplier Performance, for total cost comparison.
- Responsible for supplier sourcing on electronic components. Negotiates contract, documents conditions, creates scheduling agreements / purchase orders, and communicates as required to the operations and planning functions of the affected division.
- Uses analytical and qualitative methods to analyze market commodities. Analyzes industry trends to proactively identify supply base issues, minimize risk, and exploit emerging opportunities.
Knowledge / Skills / Experience
- Minimum 5 – 7 years of working experience, in electronics purchasing function / supply chain is preferred.
- Good knowledge of electronics components industry. Knowledge and understanding of manufacturing processes of PCBA.
- Familiar with material purchasing procedures, APICS or ISM certification (CSCP, CPSM, CPM, CIPS) preferred
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience.
- Good knowledge of electronics components industry. Knowledge and understanding of manufacturing processes of PCBA is preferred.
- Automotive background for TS19649
- High level of senior level negotiating competence
- Can apply principles of financial analysis and capital project justification, life cost analysis, rate of return, economic profit, should-cost analysis.
- In the organization, a team player with good communication skills as well as excellent planning and follow-up skills
- Must feel confident and enjoy an environment based on honesty, openness, and high team spirit.
- A structured and systematically working personality with focus on high quality and with high level of personal capabilities.
- Tactical focus, what needs to be done now to achieve the strategic goal.
- Strategic focus, what is good for business long term.
- Highly accomplished at facilitated problem solving.
- Strong communication skills, capable of making high level Power-point presentations
- Gains the respect and confidence of piers
- Takes initiative without being asked