The IT Systems Administrator will support the company information infrastructure by providing systems support, technical assistance to computer users, and resolving computer problems. Additionally, this position will provide assistance concerning the use of computer hardware, software, printing, Office 365 applications, Office 365 Exchange, and assist in supporting our ERP (QAD) systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain and administer computer networks and related computing environments including computer hardware, systems software, network applications, and all configurations related.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve hardware, software, printing, or other network and system problems, and replace defective components when necessary.
- Configure, monitor, and maintain email applications and virus protection software.
- Test, maintain, and monitor computer programs and systems, including coordinating the installation of computer programs, and network applications.
- Oversee the daily performance of computer systems and monitor helpdesk ticketing system, provide level 1 and 2 technical assistance using TeamViewer for remote support.
- Set up equipment for employee use, ensuring proper installation of cables, operating systems, and appropriate software.
- Refer major hardware or software problems or defective products to vendors or technicians for service.
- Develop training materials and procedures, or train users in the proper use of hardware or software.
- Confer with staff, users, and management to establish requirements for new systems or modifications.
- Create and manage active directory accounts.
- May perform other duties & projects as assigned.
Associates Degree in IT/IS/or Industrial Engineering required
Professional Certification of A+ certificate and/or Microsoft Certified Professional preferred.
3+ Years of previous work experience required.
Any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities may be substituted.
Thorough knowledge of PC hardware, software, network connections and peripheral devices.
Microsoft Windows Operating Systems
Active Directory Systems Administration
Microsoft Office 365 / SharePoint
Basic understanding of ERP Systems (QAD experience is a plus)
Skills and Abilities
Must be able to organize, plan and prioritize work.
Must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization in written form and in person.
Must maintain a professional and cooperative demeanor
Excellent problem-solving and customer service skills.
Must be reliable, self-directed and capable of working independently, with the ability to work on numerous projects simultaneously and use sound judgment in prioritizing tasks to meet deadlines.
Proactive, team-oriented person who can anticipate needs, take initiative with excellent follow-through and require little direction or supervision.
Must be able to lift equipment up to 40 pounds.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in a Factory setting.
Flexible work schedule (24/7) availability
Travel may be required.
Complies with all safety requirements.
Maintains a high standard of housekeeping.
- Job Level Individual Contributor/Non-Managerial